MAV Rule Changes for 2016
After years of debate MAV will use one set of rules, “USA Volleyball Beach Rules of the Game” for its sand and grass tournaments. The official rules can be found at www.usavolleyball.org.
We believe adhering to a standard set of rules will take the confusion and guess work out of what rules apply to which tournament and will provide for greater continuity of play.
Major rule changes for the 2016 MAV tournaments:
- Rally scoring format for all events and divisions
- Doubles and triples court dimension are 8 x 16 meters.
- Quads and sixes court size remain at 9 x 18 meters.
- Net serve, served ball landing in opponent’s court after touching the net, is a live, playable ball.
- First ball contact with the ball using fingertip action must be a “clean” contact in doubles. Exception is for a hard driven ball only.
- A blocking contact in doubles counts as a team hit.
- Contact with in any part of the net while playing the ball is a fault
- While serving the ball, his or her foot may not go under the end line
- Substitutions :
- not allowed for doubles
- Unlimited for trips, quads and sixes as long as one player does not occupy more than one position in the service order.